The most rewarding thing about working in the fashion industry has been all of the wonderful people I met throughout the years. Their stories, their cultures, their cherished family recipes shared with me, are all the things that I will in turn cherish forever.
And when I gather up their wonderful ingredients, arousing those familiar aromas, my heart is flooded with memories I can still taste.
Today, let’s pass this wonderful recipe forward with love, and see just where it ends up.
- 1 whole chicken
- olive oil
- seasoned salt
- green & red cabbage or iceberg lettuce
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- salsa verde
- agave nectar
- 1 package (24-30 ct.) of 6” corn or flour tortillas
- 1 dozen organic eggs
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 stick or tub of Earth Balance Spread
- 1 bottle of agave syrup
- Place rotisserie on 400 degrees.
- Take chicken and rinse off thoroughly with water.
- Using as much olive oil as needed, rub chicken generously.
- Then place chicken on rotisserie spit rod and season as desired.
- Bake chicken for 1 hour.
- Once finished, allow chicken to cool and shred the meat.
- Put meat aside.
(While chicken is baking, prep toppings.)
- Wash and dice tomatoes.
- Wash and shred cabbage or iceberg lettuce.
- Put toppings aside.
(While chicken is baking, prep toast.)
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk eggs and milk together into a batter.
- Take a non-stick sauté pan and place on medium heat.
- Melt 1 tbsp. of Earth Balance Spread (should make 4-6 toasts).
- With a pair of tongs, grab a tortilla, and dip it into batter.
- Place the battered tortilla in sauté pan, and cook until golden brown.
- Allow the toast to cool down and drain off excess oil.
- Repeat until batter or tortillas are finished.
After everything has been prepared, serve the Argentine Toast the same way you would tostadas. Place the toast on the bottom and layer shredded chicken and toppings. Drizzle agave syrup on top.
Do you have a favorite recipe from your travels abroad? What sort of memories does it stir up?