When seasons begin to change and that dreaded tickle starts working its way to the back of your throat, reach for some leafy greens to boost your immune system. This juice is the perfect pick-me-up combo, but if you’re taking any blood-thinning medications, you might want to skip this recipe and stay tuned for our next liquid concoction.
- Basil (1 small bunch)—packed full of vitamin K, with antioxidant & antibacterial properties
- Celery (1 bunch)—rich in vitamin K, also an anti-inflammatory for the digestive track
- Cucumber (3 large)—great for hydration and flushing out toxins
- Green Apple (7)—good source of flavonoids and vitamin C, improves bitterness from kale
- Kale (2 bunches)—the “queen of greens," rich in vitamin K, helpful in cancer prevention and lowering cholesterol
- Spinach (2 large boxes)—high in fiber, vitamin K, and vitamin B-6 which increases serotonin production
- Toss all of the ingredients, except for the basil into your juicer.
- Stir. And, if you find your juice too concentrated, you can always dilute it with electrolyte-rich coconut water.
- Lastly, take the basil and pound it out, releasing extra flavor. Add a few sprigs to every bottle.