I LOVE SUMMER!
Maybe my birthday has something to do with it, or maybe it’s the farmer’s market bounty, or maybe, just maybe, it’s getting ready for swimsuit season? Ha! Right! But personally, I want to be wearing the least amount of clothing possible, preferably near an ocean breeze.
Solution? A Vitamix and a trip out west!
For today’s Monday Menu, I enlisted assistance to keep cool and reduce my water footprint by whipping up these delicious, fruity, and creamy Berry Almond Pops. I’m not gonna lie, Mika (aka: Super Mom), Avi, and Jai (aka: my Fairy God Daughters), and I got a little messy and sunburned, but in the end, we had a whole lotta fun!
Check out our experiment, and let us know your thoughts!
What You’ll Need
Ceramic fruit knife (a regular knife will do, too)
1 cup measuring cup
Wooden (popsicle) sticks
Fairy GodDaughters (optional)
- 1 cup Strawberries (stems removed, save a few slivers, cut thinly to submerge)
- 1 cup Cherries (pitted, save a few slivers, cut thinly to submerge)
- Fresh Almond Milk (do not blend)
- In a blender, combine all ingredients, minus Fresh Almond Milk.
- Pulsate until all ingredients are thoroughly blended, but not liquefied.
- Pour into Popsicle molds, filling up to various levels.
- Place a wooden (Popsicle) stick in each mold.
- Place in freezer.
- When almost frozen (30-45 min), remove from freezer.
- In the space remaining in Popsicles mold, pour Fresh Almond Milk almost to the top.
- Submerge a few chunks of thinly cut strawberries and cherries.
- Place back in the freezer.
- After a few hours, ENJOY!
Best of luck keeping cool this summer! And as always, don’t forget to send us your photos so we can feature you making my delicious pops.