If you made those delicious Curried Cashew Kale Chips last week and you saved the leftover sauce, then you’re in for a real treat. You can whip up this meal in about 10 minutes. But no worries if you didn’t, the sauce ingredients and directions are below. It’s super easy to make, and at most it might add another five to ten minutes to your total cook time.
As you know, I don’t believe in letting anything go to waste, and I can probably credit my mother for that. The coupon wiz always found creative ways to repurpose a meal, or anything for that matter. Leftovers never tasted left over. Now, I’m using her creative skills to whip up some curried cashew chicken. Be sure to share your photos when you decide to make this delectable dish!
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of cashews
- 3 red peppers
- ½ cup of water
- 4 tbsps of curry powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 6 whole chicken breasts
- all-purpose seasoning or desired season
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- Peel garlic cloves.
- Wash red peppers.
- In a Vitamix, add water, cashews, garlic, red peppers, and curry powder then blend (add more water if needed).
- Take blended sauce and pour it into a large bowl.
- Set sauce aside.
- Rinse off chicken breasts and space them out on a chopping block.
- Take a piece of Saran wrap (this part isn’t necessary, but it’s helpful) and lay it over the chicken breasts.
- With a cooking mallet or spice grinder, pound out the chicken breasts.
- Take the pounded chicken breasts and marinate them in blended sauce bowl.
- Heat the stove on medium-high to high temperature.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and sauté as many marinated chicken breasts that will fit.
- Add seasoning and sauté chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Continue to add the rest of the olive oil as necessary while you finish sautéing the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle crushed cashews on top as desired.
- Curried cashew chicken breasts taste great with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and coconut barley.