We’re so proud of each and every one of our Mommy Makeover participants! From the very beginning, we wanted this to be about more than “winning.” We wanted it to be about transformation, evolution, and inner growth. Danielle exemplified all three of these qualities throughout the contest, and her journey has inspired us all. So today, we’re very excited to have one of her family’s favorite recipes on the blog.
Please give Danielle a big Model Behaviors welcome!
This meal, along with many others holds a special place in our home. Being engaged to a chef has it perks, but keeping things interesting and exciting can sometimes be a challenge in the kitchen. Through this contest I’ve learned that good food doesn’t have to be boring. It’s all about how you approach something. You can literally take any recipe and make it healthy. You just have to make the effort to think about it and also to take the time to figure it out. It’s kind of like a puzzle.
Food isn’t meant to be difficult. It’s meant to nourish our body and give us fuel to use as energy. My family makes better food choices now, and it’s all because of a mind shift. The Mommy Makeover Contest completely changed the way I look at food and life in general. My mind is happy again, and I wouldn’t trade that for the world. It’s been an amazing journey and I can’t wait to continue. Our family loves to be in the kitchen together. Even when we have company, we always end up in the kitchen!
So please enjoy one of our favorite recipes—Chicken Cacciatore.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 bell peppers of choice
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 2 T oil of choice
- 1 (23.5 oz) jar of Marinara of choice (or make your own)
- ¼ c vegetable stock
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Salt &Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. oil of choice
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or pan of choice.
- Dice the vegetables into large chunks and set aside.
- Cut chicken breast into chunks (about 1 inch cubes). Heat oil in pan and sear chicken on all sides. Then set the chicken aside.
- In the same pan, sweat the garlic and vegetables. Add vegetable stock.
- Add chicken and marinara to the vegetables mixture.
- Cook on low heat for 45 minutes.