Now that summer is coming to an end, it’s time for some hair TLC.
As a model for the last two decades, I can honestly say that my hair has been my bread-and-butter, putting me through school and helping me purchase my first home. So, what’s the secret to keeping these luscious locks in fighting shape, even after years of tugging, teasing, dying, blow-drying, and the occasional iron frying? Simple, two things: washing my hair 2-3 times per week and applying a homemade hair mask once every two weeks.
Although advertisers would like you to think differently, I know for a fact that you don’t have to spend a fortune to look good. This little hair care recipe won’t break the bank and is sure to cause some serious head turning.
End of Summer Hair Mask
for extra strength and condition
1 Overripe banana- rich in potassium and vitamin A
1 Overripe avocado- rich in vitamin B, E, and omega 3
* Add 2 tbsps of olive oil for really dry hair (only if necessary).
- Mix the ingredients in a blender until it becomes a workable paste.
- Apply the paste to towel-dry hair, starting with the ends and working toward the scalp (skip the roots if they tend to be oily).
- Saran Wrap hair, locking in heat and moisture.
- Leave the mask in for 20-45 minutes.
- Rinse and shampoo (no need for conditioner).
*To make cleanup easy, consider washing hair over the kitchen sink.