In the summertime, I’m always looking for refreshing drinks for small gatherings, and nothing beats a homemade elixir. Especially when it tastes great without having to add any sweeteners. And what’s more exciting, is when there are plenty of healthy nutrients that benefit everyone.
Today’s delicious concoction consists of four simple ingredients, making it fast and easy enough to throw together: raspberry, pineapple, cucumber, and mint. Since the name of my juice recipe is Exotic Raspberry Tonic, let’s talk about the main ingredient—raspberry.
Did you know that new research conducted on this tasty fruit shows that it’s actually great for the metabolism and can help improve the management of obesity and prevent it altogether (source)? Basically, this little jewel increases enzyme activity, oxygen consumption, and heat production in certain fat cells, making this possible. But, we must remember that the true benefits attributed to raspberries are most evident when they are fully ripe. This can sometimes pose a problem because raspberries are also prone to mold easily. Therefore, the best way to handle this delicate fruit is to buy it at maturity, refrigerate, and consume quickly—within 1 to 2 days of purchasing (source).
Do you have a wonderful summertime beverage recipe that you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you, and as always, if you try this at home, please share your photos with us!
- 6 6-oz pkgs of raspberries—excellent source of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients
- 3 pineapples—great for anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits
- 10 large cucumbers—wonderful source for hydration that rids the body of toxins
- 1 bunch of mint—helps fight cancer and aids in digestion
- Wash raspberries, cucumbers, and mint.
- Peel pineapples and cucumbers.
- Toss all of the ingredients in juicer and activate.
- Add sprigs of mint and whole raspberries to garnish.