I love cooking. I’m constantly calling my mom for new recipes or perusing Pinterest for different dinner ideas. Sometimes, I’m even known to put my own twist on things, and after a bit of experimenting, this Garlic Chicken for Beginning Cooks quickly became one of my all-time favorites. It’s hands down one of the best recipes I’ve whipped up so far!
My favorite thing is that it’s simple, so if your skills in the kitchen are questionable, don’t worry! This recipe is easy and foolproof, not to mention, absolutely scrumptious!
Plus, if you know me at all, you know that I love ketchup…or really condiments of any kind. I use a lot of ketchup, and I put at least one kind of sauce on almost everything I eat. However, this is the first recipe I’ve found that’s perfect on its own. No extra seasoning or sauce required.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (plus a little extra for drizzling)
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp each of salt and pepper (use your discretion on this)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper until thoroughly covered on both sides. Then place the breasts in a baking dish.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, sauté garlic with olive oil.
- Turn off heat, remove pan from stove, and mix brown sugar with the garlic.
- Spread the brown sugar and garlic mixture evenly over the top of each piece of chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove, serve, and enjoy!
This is the perfect combination of sweet and garlic. I typically pair it with some asparagus and cabbage (lightly covered in Tony’s, which is truly “great on everything”) for dinner, along with a delicious pinot noir.