This time of year my senses are alive with all the rich seasonal spices. One of my go-to spices, ginger, happens to be a year-round favorite because it’s so much more than a fall filler. Like most of my favorite natural ingredients, this root has many health benefits. (For a refresher on what these benefits are, read more in my Gingered Orange Basil post.)
Most of us know that ginger reduces nausea and vomiting, but this includes severe cases of nausea like morning sickness, postoperative upset, chemotherapy treatments, and motion sickness. This potent root packs a pretty big punch.
If you’re still not convinced, ginger has been used in many cultures for thousands of years for many of its medicinal properties. For example, another use for ginger is to help promote circulation. It’s often put in tea for this purpose, not to mention gastrointestinal relief and reducing inflammation. Aside from using it as a remedy, its beauty benefits like clear skin and stronger hair are a lovely bonus.
But here’s the deal. My number-one reason I like to use ginger is for prevention. Basically, that’s the entire reason my family and I juice. PREVENTION. PREVENTION. PREVENTION. I like knowing that we’re receiving the majority of the nutrients and health benefits from all the fruits and vegetables we consume. That said, this doesn’t mean juice can’t be delicious! When I create a juice that’s just as tasty as it is nutritious, I can’t wait to share it with you guys. I hope you love it just as much as my family and I do!
- 1 ginger root—great for nausea, circulation, gastrointestinal relief, and inflammation reduction
- 5 cantaloupes—high levels of potassium and magnesium, keeping kidneys clean
- 6 peaches—rich in essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber
- Wash peaches, cantaloupes, and ginger.
- Core peaches.
- Cut skin off of cantaloupes.
- Cut a small thumb-size piece of ginger.
- Toss all of the items into juicer and activate.
- Pour into a pitcher, stir, and serve
Don’t forget to send us your photos so we can feature you making our recipes!