When you think of artichokes, the first thing that might come to mind are artichoke hearts, but the thing that most people don’t realize are that the leaves carry the vast majority of health benefits. Don’t be intimidated by this vegetable’s tough exterior. It’s rich in fiber and vitamins C and K, and it’s also number seven on the USDA’s Top 20 Antioxidant-Rich Foods List. So kick 2015 off right by adding some artichoke to your juice.
- 3 artichokes—amazing antioxidant, rich in vitamins C and K
- 8 green apples—great-tasting antioxidant, rich in vitamin C
- 2 stalks of celery (also known as bunches or heads)—anti-inflammatory good for the digestive track
- 1 bag of spinach—rich in vitamin C and contains anticancer properties
- Wash artichokes, apples, celery, and spinach.
- Cut artichokes and celery into juice-able portions.
- Core apples.
- Toss items into juicer and activate.