Nothing cleanses the body quite like beets—I chuckle to myself as I type that. My friend Simon is terrified of smoothies, and I’m convinced that he had a good dose of beets in some infamous concoction in his past. But, I love a juice that helps to purify my system. I’m not talking about anything dramatic, like not being able to leave the house, just that excellent feeling of when everything in your body is in harmony.
Pure beet juice not only tastes as good as candy, but this super food is a powerful antioxidant, detoxifier, and anti-inflammatory. Mix beets with red apples, ginger, and coconut water, and you’ve got a healthy New Year’s Resolution. So, start 2015 off right with Candied Apple Ginger Juice.
- 8 beets—low in calories and high in potassium and fiber
- 12 red apples—one a day helps keep Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, cancer, and
- diabetes away
- 1 thumb-sized sliver of ginger—great for gastrointestinal relief
- coconut water—super hydrating with more potassium than four bananas
- Wash and peel beets.
- Wash and core apples.
- Cut a thumb-sized sliver of ginger.
- Toss ingredients into juicer and activate.
- Stir and add coconut water to dilute mixture a bit.
Happy New Year!