It might be said that we know more about what not to eat—processed, salty, and sugary foods— than what to eat, but there are some foods with proven healing properties that cannot be overlooked. Many of these medicinal foods are great tasting and work well in a variety of juices. Their antioxidants counteract cell deterioration and in some cases repair cell damage. Today on The Monday Menu, here are some of my favorite superfoods, which are easy on the digestive system and help fight disease, all in one delicious juice!
- 4 boxes of blueberries—ranked one of the highest antioxidants
- 12 green apples—great tasting antioxidant, also rich in vitamin C
- 5 cucumbers—wonderful source for hydration and ridding the body of toxins
- 3 lemons—contain vitamin C, B6, potassium, and flavonoids
- 1 thumbnail size piece of ginger—provides gastrointestinal relief
- 1 bunch of mint—helps fight cancer, and aids in digestion
- Wash blueberries, green apples, cucumbers, lemons, ginger, and mint.
- Core apples.
- Peel lemons.
- Toss ingredients (keep a couple blueberries and sprigs of mint) into juicer, and activate.
- Stir, and serve in individual glasses.
- Add a few blueberries and sprigs of mint to garnish.