I love the smell of cloves this time of year, and any time I start to recall a Christmas memory, all of my senses come flooding back. It’s always the littlest details that make these memories unforgettable, like the smell of cinnamon and clove, the taste of eggnog and hazelnut, and the sound of Christmas carols and laughter. Get started this December with a seasonal juice that’s sure to help you savor the holidays, and remember to save any leftovers for aromatic stove-top potpourri!
- 10 lemons—excellent source for vitamin C, B6, potassium, and flavonoids
- 2 12-oz packages of cranberries—rich source of flavonoid quercetin that inhibits the development of breast and colon cancers
- 10 red apples—one a day helps keep Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, cancer, and diabetes away
- 2 large boxes of strawberries—increases good cholesterol and lowers blood pressure
- 2 heaping spoons of cloves—can help clear up colds, mold, and skin problems
- Wash cranberries.
- Wash and peel lemons.
- Wash and core apples.
- Wash and cut tops off strawberries.
- Ground up cloves (put aside).
- Toss all of the ingredients into juicer and activate.
- Stir and serve.
- Add cloves to taste.