Growing up, melons were always a part of our daily diet, and today, I try and find creative ways, like Mom, to incorporate them into our meals and recipes. Melons are members of the gourd family, and taste great when sliced and eaten raw, but they also work nicely in a medley. They’re rich in Vitamin C, and when used in this specific combo, it becomes the perfect elixir to improve skin health.
- 2 honeydew melons — rich in vitamin A and C
- 2 cantaloupes — rich in vitamin A and C, and also, potassium, magnesium, and fiber
- 1 small yellow watermelon — great for vitamin C and protein
- 3 jicama — excellent source of fiber
- Wash and slice open all of the melons.
- Then, carve the melons into large wedges and remove the skin.
- Wash and peel the jicama.
- Chop everything into sizes that will fit into your juicer.
- Toss everything into the juicer and activate.
- Pour into a pitcher and stir.