Mangos are so yummy that it’s easy to forget how healthy they are. While you’re sipping on some Mango Melon Mint Juice, let’s celebrate the mango with ten fun facts and benefits that’ll keep you wanting to juice this exotic fruit daily or add it to a great fruit medley.
- Possess Powerful Antioxidant Compounds: Antioxidants such as quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid, and methylgallat have been found to protect against cancer (source).
- Help Lower Cholesterol: Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) levels can be lowered with foods rich in fiber, pectin, and vitamin C (source).
- Promote Healthy Skin: In some cultures, mangos are used to clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples (source).
- Increase Eye Health: Mangos are rich in vitamin A, which is great for promoting eyesight and preventing night blindness and dry eyes (source).
- Alkalizes the Entire Body: Tartaric acid, malic acid, and citric acid maintain the alkali reserve in our bodies (source).
- Help Fight Diabetes: Because of its relatively low glycemic levels, mangos can normalize insulin levels in the blood (source).
- May Replace Need For Oysters: This source of vitamin E may increase libido—enough said (source).
- Regulate Digestion: The fiber found in mangos can help break down protein and digestion and elimination (source).
- Prevent Heat Stroke: High temperatures can cause kidneys to overheat, and eating mango combined with drinking plenty of water is a great way to keep the body cool (source).
- Boost Immune system: Rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, and carotenoids, mangos can keep the immune system healthy and strong (source).
- 2 watermelons
- 10 mangos
- 1 box of mint
- Wash watermelons, mangos, and mint.
- Carve skin off watermelon.
- Peel mangos.
- Put mint aside to garnish.
- Toss ingredients into juicer and activate.
- Stir and serve.
And don’t forget to send us your photos so we can feature you making our recipes!