Jack-o’-lanterns aren’t just for carving. They’re for eating too! I don’t know about you, but I love pumpkin season. It’s that time of year where it’s pumpkin everything—pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and pumpkin pie smoothies. Yep, you read that right…pumpkin pie smoothies. Here in Texas, fall is pretty warm until November. So a cold pumpkin pie smoothie on hot fall day gets me in the holiday spirit.
Besides the wonderful taste pumpkin has, nutritionally, it gives you a reason to eat or drink it even more. Pumpkins’ orange color means they’re loaded with the antioxidant beta-carotene, which is one of the plant carotenoids converted to Vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for healthy, glowing skin, strong eyesight, and our immune system. Pumpkins are also high in vitamin C. With cold season around the corner, this is just the protection we need.
This pumpkin pie smoothie will bring that fall feeling with every sip you take. so break out the blender and mix one up this season!
- 1 fresh banana
- ¾ cup frozen pumpkin chunks
- ½ cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 scoops SunWarrior Classic Blend vanilla protein powder
- ½ to 1 cup water for desired smoothie consistency
- Start with a fresh, organic banana. Toss it in a blender with frozen pumpkin chunks, organic pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice blend, and a little bit of water so it can blend smoothly.
- Top it off with some Warrior Blend vanilla protein for extra protein and nutrition. Blend it up, adding a little water to get the consistency you like. I enjoy my smoothies a little on the thick side, but fully blended and creamy.
- Pour it in a fancy glass and sip away. It’s that easy!
- Optional: garnish with pumpkin seeds on top for added crunch in your smoothie.