One of the best things about being pregnant is all of the fun experimenting with new recipes. While a woman’s body is preparing for new life, it only makes sense that certain foods become more beneficial than others. One of these super prenatal foods is broccoli. Though I love eating broccoli at dinner, I have to admit that I’ve never really considered it for juicing.
But how could I neglect this perfect little image of Mother Nature? Broccoli is rich in fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin C. It also helps the body absorb iron. Add it to a medley containing spinach, and this Mother Nature juice recipe becomes an even more powerful mom-cocktail.
Let’s not forget that the deeper in color the fruit and veggie is, the more vitamin content. During pregnancy, the amount of iron necessary for a mother-to-be doubles, and a lack of iron could easily lead to deficiency and eventually anemia. Spinach helps red blood cell production, while maintaining healthy brain and nerve function.
Something else beneficial during this important time is targeting foods that are rich in fiber. Women often suffer from bouts of constipation while being pregnant, and an increase in fiber consumption will help alleviate some unnecessary, uncomfortable feelings. That’s why I wanted to include some broccoli in this recipe! You can read more about the health benefits of broccoli by visiting this post by Well-Being Secrets.
But let’s be honest here, you don’t need to be pregnant to enjoy the benefits of Mother Nature. As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts and suggestions! And please let me know if you try this Mother Nature juice recipe!
- 4 heads of broccoli—excellent source of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin C
- 8 green apples—great-tasting antioxidant, rich in vitamin C
- 6 cucumbers—wonderful source for hydration and ridding the body of toxins
- 1 bag of spinach—rich in fiber, protein, folate, calcium, and iron, contains many anticancer properties
- Wash broccoli, apples, cucumber, and spinach.
- Chop broccoli to fit into juicer.
- Core apples.
- Peel cucumbers.
- Toss ingredients into juicer and activate.
- Stir and serve.