Nothing picks you up quite like an orange! It could be because the fruit is loaded with Vitamin C, which boosts immunity to fight off everything going around this time of year, or it could be because freshly squeezed orange juice is synonymous with breakfast. Either way, it’s time to spice up this old tradition with the unexpected, like orange beets and cayenne pepper. When combined with carrots and ginger, these punchy items make a harmonious little medley that tickles your palate and keeps cold season at bay.
- 10 Large Oranges – rich in vitamin C to support the immune system
- 5 Large Orange Beets – low in calories and high in potassium and fiber
- 1 Package of Carrots – excellent source of vitamin A
- 1 Piece of ginger (thumbnail size) – great for gastrointestinal relief
- 1 Pinch of cayenne pepper – used as an appetite suppressant and to boost metabolic rate
- Wash, cut, and peel the oranges, beets, and carrots.
- Toss all of the ingredients into the juicer; pour into a pitcher, and stir.
- Add cayenne pepper to taste.