The persimmon might look like a succulent orange, but it’s really a berry native to China. There, it is referred to as the “Apple of the Orient.” Though the persimmon seems like an imposter, it has many health benefits and is a great addition to any juice recipe like this one.
- 10 large oranges — rich in vitamin C to support the immune system
- 10 persimmons — great for a boost of energy and liver improvement
- 3 pears — perfect source of fiber and potassium
- 1 pint coconut water — low in calories and is super hydrating
- Wash, cut, and peel the oranges, persimmons, and pears.
- Toss these items into the juicer and pour into a pitcher.
- Stir in coconut water.