You can judge a juice by the palette of color its ingredients make. I know this sounds silly, but think about it. Carrots look sweet. Grapefruits look citrusy. Beets look earthy. And limes are a tropical little finisher. If I had to define this healthy concoction, I’d say it’s sweet and refreshing, yet surprisingly hearty. What a perfect combination to end the beautiful month of February while getting us ready for spring.
I still can’t believe spring is right around the corner! Being a mama now, the days seem to fly by exceptionally fast…
The only way to combat time is to be prepared. Like I mentioned a couple of Monday Menus ago, I now schedule and plan out our entire week to include juices, dinners, and baby food. Mondays are spent entirely in the kitchen, but this frees up the rest of the week so I can focus on my family and my own needs. In order to do this successfully, it’s important to keep the amount of ingredients to a minimum. For this Monday Menu, I bought a few extra carrots to use for Darlington’s baby food, and I purchased extra limes and ginger to make my yummy Spicy Beef Salad.
What are some smart ideas that help keep your family on track? I’d love to hear from you!
- 1 large bag of carrots—excellent source of vitamin A
- 1 sliver of ginger—great for gastrointestinal relief
- 3 grapefruits—rich in vitamin C and known for fighting cancer
- 5 beets—low in calories and high in potassium and fiber
- 7 limes—potent antioxidant with antibiotic benefits
- Wash carrots, grapefruit, beets, and limes.
- Peel carrots, ginger, grapefruit, beets, and limes.
- Cut carrots, beets, and grapefruit to fit in juicer.
- Toss ingredients in juicer and activate.
- Stir and serve.