If you’re like me, and you think that there’s nothing better than fresh homemade guacamole, then you probably also know how important the perfect chip is. The right chip can make even an average guac, fantastico! But, to make everything twice as nice, try my guac recipe posted last month with these chips with a splash of truffle oil. Voila, you’ve got gourmet, Baby!
- 1 package (24-30 ct.) of 6” corn tortillas
- 1 large bottle (32 oz.) of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of truffle oil
- 1 bottle Eden Shake sesame and sea vegetable seasoning
- 1 bottle of ancho chili pepper
- 1 bottle of sea salt
- 1 jar of truffle sea salt
- In a large pot pour in extra virgin olive oil to fill ¼ of the way, if not more.
- Add truffle oil to the pot of extra virgin olive oil.
- Take several sheets of paper towels, layer them, and set them close enough to the stove to transfer fried chips and absorb oil.
- Take the pot of oil mix, and heat it on high.
- Once the oil is heated, drop in several individual tortilla wedges. Be careful of the hot oil splash.
- Within seconds, the chips should brown. Take a slotted spatula and place chips on the paper towels.
- Once all of the chips have been flash fried and dried, place them in a bowl or clean paper sack and season to taste.