Who doesn’t love a burger fresh from the grill? And turkey is just the right main ingredient to make your burger healthier. To guarantee moist grilled patties, I prefer mixing turkey breast and thigh meat together. For your cardio or gluten-free guests, consider Bibb lettuce leaves instead of buns, and another great way to incorporate more veggies into this meal is to stuff them full of yummy, diced ingredients. So, don’t just rely on lettuce and tomatoes to carry the veggie responsibility. Get to stuffing those turkey burgers!
- 2 pounds ground turkey (breast and thigh meat)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 eggs
*Added toppings: sliced avocados, pepper jack cheese, tomatoes, and Bibb lettuce leaves or buns
- Wash, core, and dice all bell peppers.
- Wash and mince jalapeños.
- Mix together ground turkey.
- Add bell peppers and jalapeños to turkey.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs.
- Take egg mixture and work it into the turkey-veggie mix.
- Fire up grill.
- Now, take a handful of turkey-veggie mix and roll into patties.
- Shape patties until the entire mix is finished.
- Season all the patties on both sides as desired.
- Grill patties on both sides evenly.
- Make sure patties are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with sliced avocados, pepper jack cheese, tomatoes, and Bibb lettuce leaves or buns.