I love when our Behaviorists come to me with a favorite recipe! This week the lovely Rachel Santschi shares one of her favorite healthy snacks to make. It’s quick, delicious, and best of all gives you a great midday protein boost!
Keep reading for Rachel’s Sweet and Salty Oatmeal Balls recipe!
For a working woman who’s constantly on the go, I prefer a good go-to snack that will satisfy my sweet tooth and curb my appetite. Let me introduce you to my solution for protein on the go—a sweet and delicious, protein-packed goodie! It’s a quick, no-baking-required, easy recipe and an incredible snack or dessert.
Here’s how you whip up this goody.
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup chocolate chips - I prefer dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup oats
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut flakes (optional—I think it adds a nice flavor, but not everyone likes coconut)
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into small balls. Place each ball on wax paper or set on a plate. When you’ve rolled all of the mixture, let the balls chill in the fridge.
- After a half hour or so, enjoy!
These are a great snack that give you the boost of energy you need, while also serving as a healthier sweet!