Earlier this month we heard from a few of our Mommy Makeover participants and Comeback Circle members on some of their favorite recipes throughout the contest. This week, I thought it’d be fun to share one of my favorite recipes from Monday Menus past. Spring is in the air, so I wanted to highlight one of my all-time favorite juices. It’s absolutely refreshing and has just the right amount of sweetness mixed with tartness. Courtney also told me adding a splash of sparkling coconut water (something like LaCroix) gives it a fun, delicious fizz!
Please enjoy this week’s Monday Menu Revisited—Water-Limoncello Juice!
When I close my eyes and think of Italy in the summertime, I hear the sound of waves crashing against the cliffs and can almost feel the mist upon my skin. Imagining those sunsets and the laughter from the children playing soccer on the beaches makes me smile. In my hand is the perfect concoction intermingling those amazing memories. The tiny, cool glass with a thin layer of condensation touches my lips—Oh, Limoncello! For a taste of your own Italian summer, try this refreshing juice.
- 2 large watermelons—great source of lycopene, important in cardiovascular health
- 10 lemons—excellent source for vitamin C, B6, potassium, and, flavonoids
- 12 ounces coconut water—cholesterol free source of potassium and electrolytes
- 1 small bunch of mint—cancer preventative
- Wash and peel lemons.
- Wash and strain mint.
- Cut watermelons and take skin off.
- Toss all of the ingredients into juicer and activate.
- Add coconut water to juice.
- Stir, and serve.