Need an extra side this Thanksgiving, but don’t have the kind of time that your high-maintenance turkey requires? Try this quick easy recipe and be the star at your family’s holiday gathering. They’ll think you toiled over this specialty soup for hours. Double this recipe and freeze the rest for a lazy rainy day.
- 10 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup of heavy cream (or almond milk)
- 1 cup of basil pesto
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro paste
- 1 tbsp. of garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. of bouillon
- 1 tbsp. of truffle oil
- In a small bowl, mix the basil pesto, garlic paste, and cilantro paste.
- Wash the tomatoes and boil until soft in a large stockpot.
- Take the boiled tomatoes and puree in a blender.
- In a 4-Qt Soup Pot, pour in the puree over a strainer and bring to a boil.
- Add in the heavy cream (or almond milk) and bouillon.
- Add in the paste mixture and let simmer.
- Stir and serve.
- Add a small dollop of truffle oil to each serving.